Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Temporary

We all know this situation is temporary, we just don't know how temporary it is. But if the economy and job markets are temporary, maybe we should be as well.

I was speaking with a recruiter last week that does temporary placements. She said her office has had a complete turn around on what the client is looking for. Employers used to look for "temp" help for entry level positions or data entry type positions and secretarial help. Over the last few months, the trend is that employers are starting to look at temp agencies to fill higher level positions, such as Senior Accountants, Assistant Controllers, Controllers, and Managers/Supervisors. It makes sense. They can try before they buy.

With that said, I have decided to become temporary as well. I have completed the paper work at a temp agency and have let my other recruiters know that I am available for temporary, interim, or contract work. Being temporary could potentially afford one the opportunity to learn a new industry that could also open other doors for permanent placement. We will see if this leads anywhere. At least it leads to no stone unturned.

Tomorrow I am going to submit my application for a job that I saw on the Internet. As we all know, our resumes get lost in the shuffle if we simply respond online so I am going to drop mine off in person. I will let you know how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment