Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I HAVE A JOB!

Okay - it is a temporary job; but this proves that my decision to look at temporary or contract positions was a good one. The benefits of doing temp work are: (1) Keep your skills up to date. (2) Get experience that you might not otherwise have on your resume. (3) Extend your unemployment out for the number of weeks that you are drawing a paycheck. This position will utilize my accounting background plus give me experience with a not-for-profit that will look good on my resume and it will add 4-6 weeks on the amount of time I can draw unemployment. Besides, my husband referred to me as a "stay at home spouse" the other day. I have never been one of those. I actually wasn't sure how to take it either. I work constantly - I just don't make any money!



Not only that, the position will be over just in time for me to go to California for the actual interview with Murphy Goode Winery - what perfect timing!!!! (provided, of course, that all of you have voted for me at http://www.areallygoodejob.com/video-view.aspx?vid=pbcUt2-Z4Ac. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment