Saturday, June 6, 2009

Making The Most Of It

I have been out of work going on 6 months now. One might think you would get bored with nothing to do, but I have never been so busy or enjoyed anything so much. Is that awful of me?

By now all of you know that I am trying to get that "really goode job" with Murphy Goode Winery in California. I have spent more time networking and drumming up votes than I have ever spent on applying for a position close to home. (hmmmmm - maybe that should tell me something) I have written 2 different essays and emailed a few hundred people asking for votes. I have posted the link to my video on LinkedIn in every group I am part of and on Facebook several times. It is working. I have 364 votes as I am writing this and fully expect to go up over 400. If votes are any determinate on who makes the Top 50, I should be in. (Jean's Video for a Really Goode Job)

My daughter and son-in-law and I have started our own business distributing Gluten-free food. I have spent several days and hours on this as well. It also appears to be paying off. I have a couple of definite customers and am working on one big customer that would give us the solid footing we need to look at this as being a viable business that one day will actually support all of us.

Then I decided to become an Independent Wine Consultant for Wine Shop At Home. This is so much fun. I actually earn money tasting wine with a fun group of people and get to help them discover how great wine can be. Wine is my passion - how could a job be any better - if you can even call this work. It is more like a big party!

I also am working at the temp job I mentioned in I Have a Job. It appears to be a great company that cares about their employees. I have my own office and my own phone extension. They updated the phone list to include me and I even have the option of working from home.

Next week I have been given the opportunity to attend the DELTA Plus training at CCG in Greensboro. I will be going on a scholarship so there is no cost to me.

I am making the most of not having a job and sometimes wonder how a person finds the time to work 5 days a week! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment