Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Via the Network

I am feeeling a bit more positive about potential jobs today than I have in the past few weeks. I can't stress enough how important your network is. By reaching out to my network I found a connection with a potential employer that I never would have thought existed, but it does. I have emailed my resume to my connection who will then forward it on to the hiring company via her network.

I had a phone interview yesterday that went really well. Again, someone in my network was able to get my resume in front of the right people. Now it is up to me to sell myself. I should hear back from this company by next week for a second phone interview. If that one goes well, I will be called in to meet the Finance Directors and do a face-to-face interview.

I have applied for a third job that has a lot of potential as well. Any of the three jobs that I have mentioned here would all be great jobs and they are in my field of expertise. What I like about each of these jobs is that they were all posted on the Internet directly by the employer, not by recruiters.

No comments:

Post a Comment