Thursday, March 12, 2009

Taking a Break

Spring is in the air! It is beautiful outside, the sun has been shining and the air is warm and comforting. My husband is on spring break from school - he is a full-time student at UNC Greensboro. What a great time for him to be out of school and me to be out of work. We took off last Friday and went to spend the night with my daughter and grand children which is always a treat. Then we left Saturday morning and headed to the beach to visit friends.

The good weather stayed with us all weekend! We drove with the top down on the car Saturday. We spent most of the weekend outside just sitting with Randy and Tracey talking and sipping wine. Life just doesn't get any better. Of course the water is still too cold to swim, but walking on the beach was great. We actually stayed an extra night and didn't come back home until Tuesday. Friends, Chad & Paula, checked in on the dogs and kept them happy with treats while we were gone so I owe them a huge thank you!

Wednesday the weather still held out and we tackled the back yard to get everything ready for spring. We uncovered the furniture under the pergola and moved some bushes to better locations and trimmed up others.

For a few days I didn't even think about looking for a job or the economy. The break was as warming as the weather. So now I am refreshed and ready to hit it again.

Once again, my network is busy working for me. I have a couple of friends who sent my resume to two different companies that were wanting to hire a controller. Thank you Laura and Vickii!

No comments:

Post a Comment