Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tapping the Network!

I have just found a job posting on the Internet posted by the hiring company, not a recruiter. When I clicked on the details for the position, they even had a comment that they would not accept submissions from recruiters. This made me feel much better about my chances of at least being looked at for this position. Of course, I won't be the only one submitting a resume. I do have a lot of things going in my favor, though. I have years of experience with the accounting software they use, I have the degree and the certification, I have managed staff. I submitted my resume online, but am not confident that it will actually be seen. I need some reassurance here!

I have tapped my network to help me get the resume to the right people and hopefully, they will even be able to make a call to recommend me for this position. One of the people in my network sells the accounting software this company uses. They are the only reseller in this area. Another of my network contacts works for an insurance company that just happens to be in negotiations with the company that is hiring. (It is in the medical industry.) They have offered to make a call.

I have reached out to both and will know more Monday. You will know when I know!

Anyone reading this that is unemployed, feel free to contact me. I have designed a spreadsheet that will allow you to track your income and expenses on a weekly basis so that you know where you stand financially at any given point in time. I will be glad to email the spreadsheet to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment